Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs  
shop at the signing time web store
Go Back   Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs Forum Off Topic Chit Chat

+ Reply to Thread

Default Disney Deaf Awareness Day

It's that time again...

Last year the twins loved going to Deaf Awarenes Day at Disneyland. When they went back to school on the following Monday their teacher asked what they had done over the weekend because they were both signing more than they had the previous week! It was such a good example for them to see people out in public signing. I posted on it last year, and I'm sure that Chris Dunlap would be kind enough to create a link to the thread if it still exists.

Here is the link to the order form for tickets: http://www.gladinc.org/

It is a fundraiser for GLAD, and you get a $63 ticket to Disneyland for only $45. If you are ordering through the mail it needs to be sent by February 20 (I think...) It is March 10th this year, and we hope to see you all there.

visit us at http://familylobby.com/Greathouse
    Twin toddlerhood is a bit like living with two incontinent maniacs with an eating disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by aligreat
    It's that time again...

Last year the twins loved going to Deaf Awarenes Day at Disneyland.
    Oh, how I wish we lived closer... we went to Disneyland with Henry two years ago when my dad lived in Encinitas (near SD).

Great Adventure (Freehold, NJ) does a Deaf Awareness day with excellent discounted tickets in the late spring (usually about June 1st or so). As soon as it is posted, I will let everyone know here. It's such a fun time (and the gathering of Deaf folks at the main entrance water fountain all day is so exciting to see!!!). Stay tuned....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jen
    mother to three CODAs:
    Henry, 9, Successfully dealing with SPD & ADHD
    Alex, 4
    and Aidan, 2 1/2
    Stamford, CT

Do you know if Disney World holds a Deaf Awareness Day? Or who to contact to find out? Thanks
    Last edited by brocksmom; 02-01-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brocksmom
    Do you know if Disney World holds a Deaf Awareness Day? Or who to contact to find out? Thanks
    I received the information on Deaf Awareness Day last year through an email newsletter on Deafness. This year I looked it up because I knew that GLAD was the organizing group.

When I wanted to find out about our local Six Flags' Deaf Awareness Day I looked up their website and followed the "contact us" links to ask them directly. You could either go to Disney's website, or if you know which Deaf organization puts the event together you could contact them directly.

Twin toddlerhood is a bit like living with two incontinent maniacs with an eating disorder.

Default Of Course

we are going to Disneyland, but not on March 10th

We are going in April.
    Sherry,

Mom to: Ro Ro, Ya Ya, Monkey Man, Roonie and now Grandma to:Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by sherry3995
    we are going to Disneyland, but not on March 10th

We are going in April.
    Didn't you do that last year, too???

Default Yes, I did

Quote Originally Posted by aligreat
    Didn't you do that last year, too???

My daughter's High School Band and Chior go to Music in the Parks Festival each year. They perform in from of judges and are rated. Then they get the day in Disneyland with an awards presentation in the picnic area.
    Sherry,

Mom to: Ro Ro, Ya Ya, Monkey Man, Roonie and now Grandma to:Tyler