Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs  
shop at the signing time web store
Go Back   Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs Forum Signing Time ChatRoom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ok I think mine are totally undercooked. I have NO idea why. I cooked them exactly as long and longer than it said. I will have to try and make these tonight and surprise my bunco group with them if they turn out!
    Mom to Darren 6/1/05 and Ashley 2/13/09

Talking The Best Idea Ever!

I'm so excited about this group cooking idea! I have NEVER baked anything, and the best thing I've ever cooked is spaghetti bolognese, and that was in school when I was 12. This cooking idea will really motivate me to get in there and cook! I'll feel much more confident knowing that I can check if the result is MEANT to be soggy or runny, and have people to tell me where I went wrong and compare what they've done. Plus, it'll be great to be able to eat what everyone else is eating during chat, instead of wishing as always that I had the delicious thing that was being eaten by someone else. On top of that, as a mum/mom aren't I SUPPOSED to be able to bake yummy desserts and cook lovely dinners?
    Hooray- another great idea by McRachel McColeman!!!
    Attached Images  

Jackile! Your baby is so adorable!

I tried again last night and turned up the oven by 100 degrees and it was PERFECT. They are so yummy!

Default Undercooked

Quote Originally Posted by Sally6473
    Ok I think mine are totally undercooked.
    Sally did you pour the lemon filling onto the hot crust? Or did you let the crust cool before pouring the lemon on?
    Rachel Coleman ~Mom to Leah age 12 and Lucy age 9
    Have you told someone about Signing Time today?

I poured it right onto the hot crust? Was I supposed to wait?

Default Undercooked

No, you did it right then.... hmm not sure what happened because ours are just right....

That is so weird. It cracks me up. Oh well! At least they turned out this time!

Default Just Right!! Yum!

Well, my Lemon Bars turned out just right and they were a big hit at our neighborhood block party.

Thanks Again Rachel.

My vote is for Salsa this week.
    Lisa

Parent to G 10, S 5y, T 2y

Quote Originally Posted by Sally6473
    Oh wow! Those are so good!! Mine are still runny, but they haven't cooled down. The crust is sort of gooey too. So it's either that way because they are still hot or because I didn't cook them long enough. Either way they are very yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
    The crust should be flakey--not gooey. You cook the crust until it is starting to turn golden brown, and then you pour the lemmon mix on it immediately. The heat from the crust helps the lemmon mix to cook, in addition to the whole thing being placed back into the oven. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. In my family this is more of a Christmas time treat, and so I'm a bit jealous of y'all getting them so early in the year.

visit us at http://familylobby.com/Greathouse
    Twin toddlerhood is a bit like living with two incontinent maniacs with an eating disorder.

Default 9/26 Chat and Salsa

I posted on my blog that I won't be able to make it to the chat tomorrow. But I am still offering up a recipe for you chatters.

This is the recipe we use for Coleman Family Homemade Salsa -
    1 bunch of cilantro (rinse the bunch, then cut off the large leafy section. Throw away stems)
    4 medium tomatoes - cut in 1/4
    5 firm tomatillos (these look like small green tomatoes with a papery husk around it. Remove the husk and wash. Cut in 1/2
    1/4 purple onion
    1 jalapeno - (find a small jalapeno or just use half of a large one, if you don't want it too hot. Also removing the seeds helps cool it down)
    salt and pepper to taste

Throw everything in your blender or salsa maker and let it fly! It's different every time because of the size of tomatoes and tomatillos.

Sometimes I garnish it with chopped avocado!