Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs  
shop at the signing time web store
Go Back   Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs Forum Signing Time Academy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ok, one more question LOL (I'm bored at work...haha)

If I become an instructor, can my husband and daughter (almost 4) be my assistants in class? My daughter loves to help her cousin (16 months) and her preschool class with signing! I'm sure she'd love to help with other kids as well. And my husband actually mentioned that he would be interested in helping me too.

Ok, time for my husband to get a job so I can relax and become a STA instructor....... LOL

Sandy

Hi Sandy,
    I have to say I have enjoyed your posts To answer your question...If your family wants to help you, I think it is great. Every person has to find their comfort level in a classroom, so try it out and see if it works!
    I am anxiously waiting to see your application come through so we can get you on board with this amazing group of Instructors. This is the most sharing group of people I have ever worked with and I think you will benefit from the association with such wonderful people.
    Are you applying today???
    Gwen E. Cox
    Signing Time Academy
    Program Director

gwen@signingtime.com

I don't know when I'll be able to apply. I don't have the money to do it right now. My husband has been out of work for the last 4 or 5 months, and my paychecks only barely cover the bills... But we are hoping to hear about a specific job for him next month! Tho if he gets it we will eventually move about 45 mins from where we currently live, so that might also put a delay in my joining... haha

But SOMEDAY hopefully I will join!!

Sandy

Hi Sandy,
    Well when you are ready...we are going to be here waiting for you! I wish you all the best for 2010 and I will send good thoughts your way in hopes that your husband finds a job. Keep posting...we love your funny posts!
    Gwen E. Cox
    Signing Time Academy
    Program Director

gwen@signingtime.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMommy View Post
    I don't know when I'll be able to apply. I don't have the money to do it right now. My husband has been out of work for the last 4 or 5 months, and my paychecks only barely cover the bills... But we are hoping to hear about a specific job for him next month! Tho if he gets it we will eventually move about 45 mins from where we currently live, so that might also put a delay in my joining... haha

But SOMEDAY hopefully I will join!!

Sandy
    Hi, Sandy! If you are comfortable with it, I think it would be great to bring a helper. Modeling from children of a similar age is helpful! In my case though, my kids aren't well behaved enough for me to brave it.

It sounds like you already have a great background for running your own business and I look forward to working with you when you are able!
    Melisa Mons
    Master Level Instructor
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.signingwithasmile.com