Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs  
shop at the signing time web store
Go Back   Signing Time Forums - Sign Language, ASL, and Baby Signs Forum Signing Time Play Groups

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Anyone in or near southern Fairfield County, CT or lower Westchester County, NY?

I'd love to get to get a play group going for folks who live near us... We are in Stamford, CT, but willing to travel to lower Westchester, NY and southern Fairfield County, CT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jen
    mother to three CODAs:
    Henry, 9, Successfully dealing with SPD & ADHD
    Alex, 4
    and Aidan, 2 1/2
    Stamford, CT

Question NY/NJ Playgroup

Funny,
    I'm in Rockland County, NY I'm probably too south to split the mileage for this tentative playdate and too north to meet 1/2 way for the NJ playdate (other thread in this section).
    Lisa from NY aka junkforus2004

Hi Lisa,
    I met you at the Charlemont event... you made that awesome pumpkin that was the buzz of the room, correct? (Who can forget a name like "junkforus"?)

Rockland... hmmm... it's not crazy far, but it's not close. Let's see if we get more replys and maybe we can meet in the middle... but when I'm off from school (summer?), I would definitely make the trip and play (or have you here). How old is your little one(s)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jen
    mother to three CODAs:
    Alex, 4
    and Aidan, 2 1/2
    Stamford, CT

Hi,
    We live way up in the Northwest Hills of Connecticut in Torrington. My daughter is almost 2 and absolutely loves ST!!

Hi Jen,
    Yes, I remember you too! Our little guys were playing at the train table at Kei's!
    We could definately get something going, and I don't mind driving a bit myself. How far are you from the TappanZee bridge?
    Oh, wait Stamford...then like a hour?

Anyone else in this area?

[QUOTE=LisafromNY]
    Yes, I remember you too! Our little guys were playing at the train table at Kei's!
    We could definately get something going, and I don't mind driving a bit myself. How far are you from the TappanZee bridge?
    Oh, wait Stamford...then like a hour?
    QUOTE]

I'm just about 20 minutes from the bridge with no traffic... I still go to White Plains all the time and that's about 15-20 minutes (it's not a science with all that traffic, huh?).

Yeah, William's train table inspired Santa, and Henry got a table and trains for Christmas!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jen
    mother to three CODAs:
    Alex, 4
    and Aidan, 2 1/2
    Stamford, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Traci
    Hi,
    We live way up in the Northwest Hills of Connecticut in Torrington. My daughter is almost 2 and absolutely loves ST!!
    I know exactly where Torrington is (up route 8... my first speeding ticket in high school on the way to skiing... that's my first knowledge of Torrington!!).
    That's a bit North... bit a long drive, and certainly far from Rockland. Hmmmm... Maybe a summer play date would make the trip worth it. Let's see who else is around, too. Are you close to Dutchess County? How far are you from Kei's area?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jen
    mother to three CODAs:
    Alex, 4
    and Aidan, 2 1/2
    Stamford, CT

NO no...lol I'm like 3 hours from Kei's (the Charlemont weekend we were headed to a friend's in Vermont and it happened to be on the way)
    I'm right over the Tap in Rockland County...have you ever heard of the Palisades Center Mall? I could throw a stone there....(funny how moms judge distance by malls!!) It takes me 20 minutes to get to my friend's house in White Plains.
    We should meet up at the Palisades Center, ride their train, go to Jeepers etc....it's right by a ton of highways too for others traveling...

Anyone else interested? You can travel by NYthruway, Garden State, Palisades.....

Quote Originally Posted by LisafromNY
    NO no...lol I'm like 3 hours from Kei's (the Charlemont weekend we were headed to a friend's in Vermont and it happened to be on the way)
    Right, I know... I was responding to Traci (in Torrington).
    I would love to get together in the summer (when I'm off, and my time isn't restricted to weekends... though I do have an April break coming up soon...), but I find it hard to believe that we're th eonly ones in this area...
    Anyone else??

Lisa, how old is your little one? I forget...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jen
    mother to three CODAs:
    Alex, 4
    and Aidan, 2 1/2
    Stamford, CT

Jason is 3 (his birthday was monday!)
    and my other signer Michael is 5.5