Job announcement: Full-time opening at Signing Time office
Position: Signing Time Academy Administrative Specialist
Location: Midvale, Utah 84047
Job Category: Administrative, Clerical, General Support
Salary/Wage: Full-Time Salaried Employee, $24,000 – $30,000 Yearly DOE
Start Date: Immediately
Immediate need for a full-time administrative specialist to work in the Two Little Hands Productions main office in Midvale, Utah. The Academy Specialist will work directly with the Signing Time Academy to provide support and administrative functions for all members of the Signing Time Academy. The ideal candidate has experience demonstrating good organization, exceptional writing and listening skills, customer service and telephone communication skills and will possess a high degree of professionalism. Responsibilities include front line customer support for Academy Instructors, maintaining Instructor accounts, and miscellaneous communication duties related to the Academy. Experience with the Signing Time Academy, American Sign Language (ASL) and managing large groups of representatives a plus. Basic computer, internet and technology skills are required. This is a full time position with competitive salary, benefits and a 401-K.
- Prioritizing, responding, and following-up on emails and phone calls related to the Signing Time Academy
- First-line customer support for all Academy Instructor needs such as: account access, order management, order status, technical support, policy and procedure support
- Academy Instructor Certification: Process and support the certification and upgrade processes for all Academy Instructors. Includes setup of new Instructor accounts in our instructor management system. Distribute the flow of certification documents, evaluations and videos to the appropriate individuals to ensure timely and effective certification processes.
- Instructor Account Management: Update and maintain all Instructor account information in our instructor management system to ensure all data is correct and up to date. Organize and maintain corporate files, documents and records related to the academy.
- Assist in editing, writing, and developing company communication to Academy members via email, blog, facebook, manuals, webinars and other communication mediums.
- Assist in developing the products, systems, programs and curriculums for the Signing Time Academy
- 2+ years related experience
- Full time 40 hours per week
- Required to work some evening and Saturday hours
- Willingness to work flexible hours upon short notice
- Experienced with Apple computers & Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, et al.
- Comfortable and experienced with technology & software systems
- Upbeat, positive, outgoing and able to relate well with diverse constituents
- Knowledge of American Sign Language a plus, but not required
- Intelligent, confidential, high integrity
- Highly organized and effective at organizing others
- Proactive; anticipates well to stay ahead of the curve
- Works well with only limited supervision
- Consistent disposition, works well under pressure
- Detail oriented, ability to establish priorities, multitask and meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication/phone skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Internet/Web savvy
Signing Time is a labor of love, born out of the desire for one mother to create a community that could communicate with her deaf daughter. Two Little Hands Productions, co-founded by sisters Rachel Coleman and Emilie Brown, is the company that produces and distributes the Signing Time product line and manages the Signing Time Academy.
The Signing Time Academy is a global network of over 600 Certified Instructors who teach basic sign language classes and sell Signing Time products in their local communities. Academy Certified Instructors are adults from all walks of life who share a common goal: helping families and children harness the power of communication with American Sign Language (ASL) signs.