Summer of Science, Signs, Learning, and Fun
Keep Young Minds Actively Learning all Summer
Summer of Science
Enjoy 12 weeks of Science in Action activities, conveniently delivered to your email. Fill your summer with fun videos and free activities that teach Science.
Take your Summer of Science to the next level with our FREE TreeSchoolers Science Activity Guides. There is a guide for each Rachel & the TreeSchoolers episode filled with science lesson plans and printables to reinforce what is being taught in that episode.
Summer of Signing
“I just recently purchased SignIt for my homeschool foreign language curriculum this year. My 3rd grader learned sign language with Baby Signing Time starting at 6 months, as have my 3 kids after her. They ALL love to sign and SignIt was the next step after Signing Time.
My daughter (in the last 3 days) has watched and re-watched so many chapters I lost count. She LOVES it. I LOVE IT. My 1st grader loves it. They have all started signing in sentences and now my 4-year-old and 2-year-old have picked up on several phrases. What the what? This is insanely effective and VERY entertaining.
Absolutely worth the price tag. Thank you for creating this educational, FUN, easy way to learn signing beyond knowing individual words.”
Try a SignIt Sample Class
Summer Signing Activities
The letters and numbers indicate which series and volume of Signing Time that the activity corresponds with – like this:
Series #, Volume # (Title of Show) – Name of Activity
- S1, V7 (Leah’s Farm) –Animals, Animals, Animals
- S1, V8 (The Great Outdoors) –Edible Critters w/ Peanut Butter Playdough
- S1, V3 (Everyday Signs) –Let’s Make Ice Cream, Word Scramble
- S2, V13 (Welcome to School) –Welcome to School
- S2, V8 (My House) –Signing Time Word Search and All Mixed Up
- S2, V9 (My Things) –Signs About Me
- S2, V10 (Helping Out Around the House) – Signing Time Chore Chart
- S1, V2 (Playtime Signs) –Use Your 5 Senses
- S1, V6 (My Favorite Things) –The Food Pyramid
- S2, V3 (Move & Groove) – Build a Paper Plate Tambourine
- S2, V7 (My Favorite Sport) – Sports Matching Game
- S1, V4 (Family Feelings & Fun) – How are you feeling? and What is the Water Cycle?
- S2, V2 (Happy Birthday) –Signing Charades Party Game
- S1, V5 (ABC Signs) –Using the Letters of the Alphabet
- S1, V1 (My First Signs) – Animal Addition
- S1, V3 (Everyday Signs) –Family Tree
- PT 123 –Study Numbers 1-10
Uddering Signs – Learn where milk comes from.
Doodle Time – This group activity will help you practice signs with play and a drawing game.
I’m Going on a Picnic – This activity can improve your memory skills as you have fun with the alphabet.
Categorizing My Signs – Practice your sorting skills.
Remembering My Signs – Play a memory game with Rachel and the signs you have learned.
Signs About Me – This group activity will help you practice your signs.
Fast or Slow – Grab your friends and play a game with Hopkins.
Hopkins Puzzle – Cut this Hopkins puzzle apart and then put him back together.
Let’s Make Ice Cream – Move and Groove and make you own ice cream.
Shake, Shake, Shake – Make a tambourine, then Move and Groove.
My Name Is… – Can you name all of the letters in the manual alphabet?
Signing My Pets – Practice your math and animal signs at the same time.
Where Is Hopkins
Hopkins is packing a bag and getting ready for a summer adventure! Join Signing Time fans and Signing Time Academy Instructors worldwide as we take Hopkins traveling with us!
Where is he going? To find out, follow the hashtag #WhereIsHopkins on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets. As he travels, his helpers will post photos and information about the places he visits! You and your kids will learn about geography, science, nature, and of course – American Sign Language.
Want to get in on the fun? Grab your official Signing Time Plush HOPKINS and join us! Post pictures of Hopkins enjoying YOUR family’s travels and don’t forget to include the hashtag #WhereIsHopkins If you do not have a Hopkins, you can purchase one from your local Instructor or on our website here! Alternatively, you can decorate a Hopkins coloring sheet and bring it with you as you travel.
Where do you think Hopkins will travel this summer? We can’t wait to see where you will take him, too! Have fun!
Follow Two Little Hands on Instagram
Find your Local Signing Time Academy Instructor for summer camps, classes, story times, and more!