How Kickstarter Works
How to Get Started
What is Kickstarter?
Kickstarter is a crowdsourcing platform for creative projects. We’ve used it to fund:
- Signing Time Christmas
- Rachel & the TreeSchoolers Ep. 2-6
- Rachel & the TreeSchoolers Ep. 7-9 – NOW FUNDING!
Why use Kickstarter?
Kickstarter lets YOU become our partner in production. YOU help us decide what shows to create. And you can even choose to have YOUR KIDS be filmed for those shows! For us, working directly with FAMILIES to create new shows much more satisfying than working with investors or banks.
How can I participate?
During the campaign, you can make a pledge. When you make a pledge, you become a Project Backer.
What is a pledge?
Your pledge is a commitment to send money ONLY IF the project meets the funding goal. If the goal is met, your card will be charged. If the goal is not met, none of the pledged funds will be collected. It’s an all-or-nothing game.
Do I get something in return for my pledge?
Your pledge can be a simple donation (not tax-deducible) – or you can get something in return by choosing a Backer Reward.
What are Backer Rewards?
Backer Rewards include products (videos, music, books, etc.) as well as experiences (filming your child for an upcoming show, getting a postcard or a Skype call from Rachel, attending a concert, etc.). Backer Rewards are different for each campaign.
How do I make a pledge?
1. From the campaign home page, click “Back this Project”
2. Enter the amount you’d like to pledge OR select your Backer Reward
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “continue to next step”
4. Check out through Amazon (use your existing account or create a new one) – all major cards accepted.
Please note: Your card will not be charged until the end of the campaign, if funding goal is met. If the goal is not met, your card will not be charged.