Colors in Sign Language
Learn how to sign colors in ASL (American Sign Language) and use this sign to talk about all the beautiful colors around us!
1. Bring one hand up to your chin, palm open and facing you, fingers outstretched and slightly apart.
2. Wiggle those fingers on your chin.
3. This sign does not have a good visual to associate with it. You may just have to remember it!
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign colors in ASL
- Create preschool learning games around colors. Play “I spy” with colors, make a whole picture with various shades of one color, look for a certain color out in nature, and sign “color” each time!
- Combine “color” when talking about an actual color! Such as, “I see the color blue”. You can sign the word color and also sign the actual color together.
Colors. Wiggle your fingers on your chin. And that’s the sign for colors.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)