Find in Sign Language
Learn how to sign find – you never know what you will discover!
1. Reach one hand down and pinch together your pointer and thumb, keeping the rest of the fingers extended.
2. Pull your hand back up – note that it is now also looks like the sign for the letter F!
3. This sign looks like you are reaching down to pick up something you have just found! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Learning for kids is fun when there is lots of action involved! Play a game of Hot and Cold – hide an object in a room and as your child gets closer tell them they are “hot” and when they move further from the hidden object, tell them they are cold. When they find the object celebrate – and practice the sign for find!
- Get a seek and find book from the library. Go through it together and see what treasures you can find in the illustrations. Practice the sign as you go!
Find. It’s like you find something. And look! It’s the letter F. Find starts with F. Find.