Flower in Sign Language
Learn how to sign flower in ASL (American Sign Language) to talk about this lovely piece of nature.
- Rest the tips of your pointer, middle, ring, and pinky finger against the tip of your thumb.
- Bring the hand up and lightly touch fist one side of the nose, then the other.
- This sign looks just like when you smell a flower. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign flower in ASL
- Preschool learning activities often center a round the child’s environment – and flowers can be found everywhere. If it is growing season, search for flowers outside. If it is not growing season, look for flowers printed on fabric, in the grocery store, etc. Sign flower each time you spot one!
- Make a flower collage – draw a simple outline for your child (or let them do it!) and then fill it in with creative objects such as torn up paper, buttons,
Flower! I love flowers. Flower. It’s just like you’re smelling a flower. Smell it here, then over there! Flower.
Flowers. First sign flower. It’s just like you are smelling a flower. Then show lots of flowers. Flowers!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.