Get Dressed in Sign Language
Learn how to sign get dressed in ASL (American Sign Language) – you’ll be able to use this sign at least once, if not more, per day!
- Bring both hands up to about chest height, palms facing you, fingers slightly apart and outstretched.
- Alternate hands in small forward moving circles in front of you.
- This sign looks like you are showing off the clothes you just got dressed in! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign get dressed in ASL
- For kids, learning how to get dressed is a major milestone! Let your child help as much as they are able, even if this means building in a little extra time in the morning. You can sign get dressed while they try.
- Let your child have some say in what they wear when they get dressed. Have fun with the whacky outfits they might choose. If a certain level of dress is needed or desired, you can pick out a couple of acceptable options and let your child choose amongst them. Sign get dressed as you go!
Get dressed. It is just like ‘clothes,’ but your hands take turns showing your clothes. Get dressed!