Jump in Sign Language
Learn how to sign jump! Have fun getting energy out in constructive ways!
1. Bring one hand up about chest height, palm up. This is the ground.
2. With your other hand, extend the pointer and middle fingers, and tuck the rest of the fingers into the palm.
3. Tap the fingertips of the second hand on the palm a couple of times, bending the middle and pointer fingers up and down as you go.
4. This sign looks like a pair of little legs jumping up and down. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Preschool games and activities that incorporate lots of movement are really important to a child’s development. Play Simon Says using words you know the signs for (you can find signs for run, walk, spin, and dance in the dictionary!). Instead of saying the action words, sign them and have children respond with the appropriate movement.
- Many different animals jump! Can you jump like a bunny? Like a kangaroo? Like a monkey? Like a bug? Practice signing jump as you play!
Jump! One hand shows the ground. Use your two fingers to show legs jumping up and down. Jump! Your fingers are jumping!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)