Love in Sign Language
Learn how to sign love – the universal language.
1. Cross both arms over your chest.
2. Give yourself a little squeeze and rock your torso left to right a few times.
3. This sign looks like you are hugging someone you love. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Play the “I love game”. Start by modeling this sentence, “I love ______ because_______!” You can talk about people, animals, or even special items or occasions. The sentences can be serious, sweet, or even silly. Ask your child to generate her own sentences about things she loves too. Sign the word love each time.
- Basic sign language for babies can start with easy-to-do signs, such as love. Each time you use the word love, sign it to your baby and then cross her arms over her chest and help her sign it too.
Love. It’s like you’re hugging somebody with love.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)