Mouse in Sign Language
Learn how to sign mouse in ASL (American Sign Language). This little rodent either delights or frightens, depending on the person!
- Extend the pointer finger of one hand, and tuck the other fingers into the palm.
- Bring that hand up to your face and brush your nose with your pointer finger a couple of times.
- This sign is like you are showing the mouse’s cute little nose. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign mouse in ASL
- There are many delightful children’s books where a mouse takes a starring roll. Go to the library and find a few. While reading, point to the mouse and make the sign each time.
- If you’re feeling brave, a pet mouse is a good starter for kids learning basic animal care. Set a routine to care for the mouse and practice the sign at each feeding and play time.
Mouse! Take your pointer and brush the end of your nose, showing the mouse’s little nose. Mouse!