Penguin in Sign Language
Learn how to sign penguin in ASL (American Sign Language). Penguins can be found many places around the world!
- Bring both arms down straight to the sides of the body. Bend your wrists so hands point out.
- Move the entire trunk of the body side to side a couple of times.
- This sign looks exactly like a penguin waddling around. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign penguin in ASL
- Penguins can be found all over the world. You can go to the library and check out some books on penguins to discover where they can be found. Now sign the word penguin as you explore the books!
- Learning activities for kids come alive when books are involved. Find the book, “Tacky the Penguin” and read all about how this little guy learned to be an original and an individual (lesson: we’re all different, and that’s okay!). Practice signing penguin together as you read.
Penguin! Put your hands out like penguin feet waddling. Penguin.