Porcupine in Sign Language
Learn how to sign porcupine in ASL (American Sign Language). This woodland creature is cute – but stay clear!
- Hold one arm parallel to your body with a closed fist. This is the porcupine body.
- Place your second hand in a fist shape on the wrist of the first hand. Pop the hand up and open to a 5-shaped hand (all five fingers up and spread out). These are the quills.
- This sign looks just like a porcupine getting ready to use his quills – look out! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign porcupine in ASL
- Art in early childhood education helps make concepts come alive! Make a craft porcupine. Create the body out of clay and use toothpicks for the quills. Sign porcupine as you create your creature!
- Why does a porcupine have quills? Read together about this interesting creature and ask more questions together too! Sign porcupine as you learn.
Porcupine! Show his body and his quills pop up! Porcupine.