Rug in Sign Language
Learn how to sign rug. It’s an easy one to practice because you probably have a few around the house!
1. Rug is just finger spelled – there is no sign for it.
2. R: Cross your middle and pointer fingers and tuck the remaining fingers into the palm.
3. U: Hold your middle and pointer finger straight up and press them together. Tuck the remaining fingers into the palm.
4. G: Hold the pointer and thumb straight out and tuck the remaining fingers into the palm. Tilt your hand so your palm is facing towards you.
- Play the “Snug as a bug in a rug!” game at bedtime. As your child lies in bed, tell her, “Let’s tuck you in… snug… as a bug… in a rug!” As you say each part tuck more of the blanket in so she is wrapped up tight and maybe even giggling. You can sign bug and rug (find bug in our dictionary as well!)
- Alphabet games for kids are perfect with the words that are just finger- spelled. Instead of saying rug, say each sound of the letter and have your child sign the letter back to you. R-U-G spells rug!
Rug. Rug is only three letters, so you just finger spell it. R U G rug. Rug!