Silly in Sign Language
Learn how to sign silly. What are some ways you can be silly together?
1. Bring one hand up in front of your face. The thumb and pinky are extended and the remaining fingers fold into the palm.
2. Brush your nose back and forth a couple of times with your thumb.
3. This sign looks kind of silly! Use that cue to help you remember the sign.
- Have a silly face contest. Take turns signing silly then making the silliest face you can. The person who holds out the longest without laughing wins!
- Games for young children that help them understand emotions are very helpful. Have your child start with this sentence: “I feel silly when _____ and I make this face!” (Then make a silly face). Sign silly as you say the sentence together. You can switch to other feelings too.
Silly. Use your thumb and pinky and brush your nose. ‘Cause you’re such a silly.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)