Sister in Sign Language
Learn how to sign sister – she’s a pretty important member of many families!
1. First sign girl by bringing one hand up to the ear, tucking in all the fingers except the thumb, and drawing the thumb down the side of the cheek to the corner of the lip.
2. The second part of the sign is made by extending the pointer finger and thumb on both hands while tucking the remaining fingers into the palm. Then stack the hands on top of one another.
3. A sister is a girl (and you have to just remember to stack your hands after!). Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
- Is there a sister for your child? If so, help him plan something sweet for his sister. It could be a picture, a card, a letter, or a special activity. Help him sign sister as he plans.
- Preschool learning activities can be built around favorite books. Get the book “A Baby Sister for Francis” and read it together. Each time the sister appears in the story, sign sister together.
Sister. Sign girl.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)