Spaghetti in Sign Language
Learn how to sign spaghetti in ASL (American Sign Language). Is this a favorite meal at your house?
- Extend both pinky fingers and tuck the other fingers into the palms.
- Touch the tips of the pinky fingers together then, moving the hands in loops, pull them away several inches.
- This sign looks like you are showing a long winding piece of spaghetti. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign spaghetti in ASL
- Spaghetti is a great starter meal for your child to learn how to cook with you! Choose some spaghetti together at the grocery store. After the water is boiling, help him carefully drop the noodles in the pot. If he’s not quite readyfor that, you can have him start by helping rinse the cooked noodles and carefully stirring in some tomato sauce. Enjoy! And sign spaghetti while you cook and eat.
- Learning with kids is so much fun when silly poetry is involved. Google the poem “Spaghetti” by Shell Silverstein –you’ll find copies of the words online. Read it together and sign spaghetti each time it appears in the poem. Older children might enjoy then creating their own spaghetti poem.
Spaghetti! Your pinkies show the long winding spaghetti noodles. Spaghetti.