Store in Sign Language
Learn how to sign store in ASL (American Sign Language). What do you do in a store? How do you behave?
- Hold both hands in front of you at about chest height. Press the fingertips of each hand together and face the palms towards you.
- Shake the hands a couple of times.
- This sign is a little like you are pushing some money out to spend as you go shopping. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign store in ASL
- Set up a play store at home or school. Use everyday items and attach price tags to them. Let children pretend to shop and pick out items and then check out. Sign store as you play!
- If you’re wondering how to use sign language in your ever day life, it can be as simple as integrating it wherever you go. If you’re off to run errands, for example, you can tell your child you are going to the store. If you have a series of errands and you are almost done, you can tell them, “One more store”, and so on.
Store! Your hands are in front of you like you are pushing a shopping cart but you shake them. Store!