Student in Sign Language
Learn how to sign student in ASL (American Sign Language). Are you a good student?
- First sign learn. Place one hand in front of you, palm up and fingers flat. With the other hand, touch the tips of the fingers into the palm of the first hand, and then draw them up to your forehead.
- Then sign person. Make two flat hands, palms facing each other and held several inches apart. Bring the hands straight down the length of the torso.
- A student is a person who learns! Use this cue to help you remember the two parts of the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign student in ASL
- Games for Kindergarten children can mimic real life. Set up a play classroom and have one child pretend to be the teacher and anyone else involved the students. Encourage children to sign student (and teacher!) as they play.
- Talk with older children about what makes a good student (sits still, pays attention, does their best work, etc.) Sign student as you brainstorm together.
Student! Sign learn and show that it is a person. A student is a person who learns. Student!