Swim in Sign Language
Learn how to sign swim. Can you swim like a fish?
1. Cross your arms in front of you by laying both arms flat, palms down, fingers pointed out.
2. Push your hands apart and then cross them, then push them apart again. Do this a couple of times.
3. This sign looks just like you are swimming through the water. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Lots of animals can swim! How many do you know? Try this sentence, “I know that a _____ can swim!” Fill in the animal and sign swim each time.
- Sign language activities can happen in the water! Ask your child, “Can you swim fast (slow, under water, to me, to the dock)?” Sign swim each time. Encourage your child to swim back to you and sign!
Swim. Move your arms just like you’re swimming. Swim!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)