Teacher in Sign Language
Learn how to sign teacher in ASL (American Sign Language). Do you know a special teacher?
- First sign teach. Bring both hands up to the fore head. Touch the fingertips to the thumb and hold the hands palm down. Bring the hands forward a couple of inches.
- Then sign person. Hold the hands flat with the palms facing each other, several inches apart. Pull the hands down the length of the sides of the body.
- A teacher is a person who teaches! Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign teacher in ASL
- Do you have a special teacher in your world? Write a few sentences starting with, “My teacher is special because _______.” Draw a picture to go with it. Read it to your special teacher and give the picture as a gift. Don’t forget to sign teacher as you go!
- Games that are educational don’t always have to be led by a real teacher. Assign a child to be a teacher to re-teach a concept you are working on. When a child teaches others, it also helps solidify their own knowledge. Let him take pride in playing teacher while he is also learning!
Table! Your arms pat into a table shape. Table!