Uncle in Sign Language
Learn how to sign uncle. Do you have a favorite one?
1. Make a U-shape by extending your pointer and middle finger straight up and pressing them together and folding the rest of the fingers into the palm.
2. Bring the U-shape up to the side of your forehead and circle it slightly.
3. U is for uncle and male signs tend to be done up by the forehead. Use these cues to help you remember the sign.
- An uncle is the brother of your mom or dad. Ask mom or dad to tell you all about your uncle! Sign uncle as you listen to stories.
- When you are teaching baby sign language, sign family names for everyone she comes in contact with. Any brothers of mom or dad will be Uncle ______. Sign uncle before you say their name.
Uncle. Circle a U by your forehead. Uncle.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)