Up in Sign Language
Learn how to sign up. It’s an easy one!
1. Extend the pointer finger of one hand and tuck the other fingers into the palm.
2. Point the finger up and raise your hand a couple of inches.
3. This sign points and moves up. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Fun games for Kindergarten can help get the wiggles out in-between seat work. Play a silly game of up and down. Sign up and have children hop up and do an action (spin, slide, clap, etc.), then sign down and have them sit down quietly. Repeat.
- A balloon and a bubble both go up! Get a helium balloon or blow some bubbles and practice signing up as you watch them go up (and then down!)
Up. Use your pointer and point up. Up. It’s really easy. Up, up, up!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.