Warm in Sign Language
Learn how to sign warm. Nice and cozy and warm!
1. Bring one hand up to your chin and close the fingers so the tips rest just in front of the chin.
2. Raise the hand just slightly and at the same time open up the fingertips and extend the fingers.
3. This sign looks like you are blowing warm air from your mouth. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Learning for kids is all about getting hands on. Put three containers out. One filled with cold water, one with warm water, and one with hot water (at a safe temperature). Ask your child to feel the water in each container and sign which one is warm (and cold and hot!).
- Talk about the different seasons. Which ones are warm? What do we wear in warm weather? What do we do in warm weather? Use the sign to support the conversation.
Warm. Your hand shows warm air coming out of your mouth. Sign it with me. Warm.