Wolf in Sign Language
Learn how to sign wolf in ASL (American Sign Language). What do you know about this woodland creature?
- Bring one hand up and place it over your nose. The fingertips touch around the face and the palm is away from the nose a bit.
- Pull the hand away and draw the hand back while bringing the fingers together to touch.
- This sign is like you are showing the wolf’s nose. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign wolf in ASL
- Practice sign language with popular children’s stories. Read classics such as Little Red Riding Hood or The Three Little Pigs. Each time the wolf appears in the story or the illustrations, sign wolf.
- Gather several woodland creature toys (wolves, bears, deer, etc.). Have children create a woodland habitat using recycled materials and play with the animals, signing the names for whatever ones they know.
Wolf! Show the wolf’s snout! Wolf.