Year in Sign Language
Learn how to sign year. What are some things that happen every year?
1. Make two fists and stack them.
2. Circle the fists over, under and around until they end up stacked once again.
3. This sign is like a year coming full circle. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Teaching sign language to young children can help them learn calendar concepts. The sign for year shows how the calendar goes round and round in a predictable way. Talk about things that also happen every year (birthdays, holidays, seasons, etc.). Sign year for each one.
- Create a scrapbook of memories for a school year. Start with the first day of school picture and then fill the book with great work and memories and end with a last day of school picture. Label the book, “My School Year” or something like, “My Kindergarten Year.” Enjoy reading the book together and use sentences such as, “This year I learned _________!” Sign year as you read.
Year. A year is when you’ve had all four seasons. Or, when 365 pass. To sign year, stack your fists one on top of the other. Move your top fist over, under, and back on top. Year.