Your first three baby signs
Learn baby sign language with the makers of the award-winning Baby Signing Time!
Learning baby sign language is a great way to bond with your child and develop early language skills.
We have been teaching people of all ages and abilities to use American Sign Language for over fifteen years.
Come sign with us!
(P.S. if you want to read about our story, click here. But remember to come back and learn some signs!)
Your first three baby signs
In this post we will walk you through three very common baby sign language signs:
Let’s get signing. And remember to bookmark this page to come back and practice!
How to sign milk
Learn how to sign milk – you can use it with dairy or the milk from mama for nursing.
1. Bring one hand up in a fist, with the wrist facing in (so if you use your right hand the wrist will face to the left, and vice versa for the left hand).
2. Open and close the fist a few times.
3. This sign looks like you are milking a cow’s udder. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Watch Rachel sign milk:
How to sign eat
Learn how to sign eat nice and early! You’ll have so many opportunities to use it throughout the day!
1. Pinch the tips of all fingers together and bring up to your mouth.
2. Tap fingertips on your lips a few times.
3. This sign looks just like you are popping some yummy food into your mouth. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Watch Rachel sign eat:
How to sign more
Learn how to sign more. It is often one of the first signs children will pick up when given the opportunity!
1. Place your fingertips on each hand together.
2. Tap the finger tips of both hands together a couple of times.
3. This sign looks like you are holding on to just a little bit more of something. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Watch Rachel sign more:
We hope you found those signing videos and instructions a clear, easy way to learn baby sign language! Here are a couple of tips for learning baby sign language:
- Practice often
- Practice together
- Have fun!
If you are really interested in signing with the whole family, please click below and try a free, 14-day trial of all our digital products. Keep reading to see what we offer and the potential benefits to your whole family!
Just so you know, a subscription to MySigningTime.com gives you access to over 50 videos from the following great series, teaching baby sign language, STEM, and early literacy through cute animation and amazing music! You can get
- Baby Signing Time
- Signing Time with Alex and Leah
- Rachel and the TreeSchoolers
- Baby SigningTime Nursery Rhymes
All for the low price of $9.99 a month. And, if you click below, you can start a 14-day free trial, and cancel anytime if you are not happy!
We Grow With Your Child
- Potty Time
Songs and signs that make potty training fun and easy
- Nursery Rhymes
These favorite rhymes are the foundation for early literacy
- Signing Time Series 1 & 2
Learn ASL sign vocabulary
- Signing Time Sentences
It’s time to put your signs together!
- NEW TreeSchoolers Science
Songs + Signs + Science = FUN!