Guess in Sign Language
Learn how to sign guess and use this sign in all sorts of guessing games!
1. Bring one hand up a few inches in front of your face, off to the side a little. Start with the hand in a loose c-shape.
2. Swoop the hand in front of the face closing it into a fist.
3. This sign looks like you are grabbing a guess right out of the air. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Play games for children that involve informed guessing. For instance, hide a favorite toy behind your back and give little clues, encouraging your child to guess which toy you have. Celebrate and be silly when the right guess happens!
- Act out an animal and have your child guess which one you are pretending to be. Model this sentence, “I can guess! You are a (insert animal)!”. Then switch roles and let your child pretend to be the animal and you guess – and sign!
Guess! Open your hand and grab the answer out of the air. Guess.