Learn in Sign Language
Learn how to sign learn in ASL (American Sign Language)! There are so many things do discover in our world. What will you learn about today?
- Bring one hand up about belly height, palm up. This is a paper or a book.
- With the other hand, reach into the palm of the first and pretend to grab something with your fingertips.
- Bring the second hand up to the forehead.
- This sign looks like you are taking some information from a page and putting it into your head so you have learned it. Use this visual to help you remember the sign!
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign learn in ASL
- Learning for kids is all about exploration! Let your child lead the learning process as often as possible. Take note of what they are interested in (dinosaurs, nature, dance, etc.) and provide many opportunities to explore these topics. Talk together about what you are learning!
- Go to the library and find an informational book about a topic of interest. Model this sentence, “We read about _________. In this book, I learn that _________”. Sign learn each time!
Learn! Your hand takes the information from the page and puts it in your head. Learn!