Run in Sign Language
Learn how to sign run and go-go-go!
1. Make two L-shaped hands by extending the pointer and thumb and tucking the remaining fingers into each palm.
2. Next, hook the pointer of one finger onto the thumb of your other hand so the two L-shapes are now connected.
3. Move your hands forward in a slight bouncing motion, wiggling the pointer finger out front a little bit.
4. This sign looks like your hands are running away! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Play the classic game Simon Says with actions such as run, walk, jump, etc.For each command Simon gives, support it with the sign. “Simon says RUN!”
- Teaching sign language is fun and easy when you tap into what children are doing naturally, and kids love to run! Each time your child takes off running, sign run and join in or re-direct and ask her to walk if need be.
Run. Your hands make two Ls. Then hook one of your pointers to your thumb and make them run! Try it with me. Hook your pointer and run. Run.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)