White in Sign Language
Learn how to sign white. Lots of things are white that you can practice the sign with!
1. Bring one hand to the middle of your chest. With an open hand, touch all the fingertips to the chest.
2. Bring the hand out a few inches and at the same time close the hand so that now all the fingertips are touching.
3. This sign looks like you are showing a white t-shirt. Use this visual to help you remember the sign!
- Curriculum in early childhood education often focuses on learning the colors. Offer a variety of white items mixed up with colored items. Ask your child to pick up one item at a time. If it is white, sign white and place it in one pile. If it is not white, they can sign no and place it in the other pile.
- Read books about colors together (there are so many to choose from!), and sign the colors you know, including white. You can look up many other colors here in our dictionary too.
White. Pretend you’re pulling the white ruffles on your shirt. Show me white. That was great! White.