We are committed to providing resources for parents who value signing with their children. Our sign language dictionary includes over 400 common signs including the top starter sings for your baby. For each word, there is a video, diagram, and teaching notes to make learning new signs easy. Many of our signs include free downloadable ASL Flashcards to help reinforce the signs taught in our series.
Comb Hair in Sign Language
Learn how to sign comb hair in ASL (American Sign Language) and integrate this sign into your morning routine.
- Bring one hand up towards the top of your head, palm in, fingers crooked down.
- Keeping the hand a few inches from the head, bring it from the top of the scalp down to about the ear a few times.
- This sign looks like a big comb combing your hair! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign comb in ASL
- Fun learning activities for kids can include learning self-care skills. Instruct your child with words and sign to comb their hair in the morning and the evening. It’s okay to let them try for a few minutes and then you finish up.
- What’s the craziest way you can comb your hair? You should try it right along
with your child for extra comedic affect.
Comb hair! Shape your hand like a comb and comb your hair! Comb hair.