Deer in Sign Language
Learn how to sign deer in ASL (American Sign Language). Where do you go to see a deer?
- Bring both hands up to the sides of your head, palms flat and facing out, fingers just slightly separated.
- Tap your thumbs to the sides of your head a couple of times.
- This sign looks like you are showing deer antlers! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign deer in ASL
- Using sign language to teach the different animals is extra fun because you can act out the animal. How does a deer move through the forest and the fields? Have fun acting it out.
- There are a few easy popular songs with the word deer in them. Try “Doe a Deer” or “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”. Sign deer each time the word appears in the song.
Deer. Show the deer’s antlers. Deer!