Eagle in Sign Language
Learn how to sign eagle in ASL (American Sign Language) and seek out opportunities to learn about this majestic bird.
- Bring one hand up to your face. The palm is facing out and your thumb, pinky, ring, and middle fingers tuck in. The pointer finger is pointing up and
is in a crook shape.
- Tap the back of the pointer finger on your nose a couple of times.
- This sign looks like you are showing an eagle’s big crooked beak! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign eagle in ASL
- Just sparking a little imagination can create easy preschool games. Pretend to be eagles! They have big giant wings. So spread your arms wide and swoop around the room. Pause now and then to practice the sign.
- Eagles are amazing animals! Where can you go with your child to learn more? An internet search? The library? Sometimes you can even find a live webcam of an eagle’s nest online! Go find out more about eagles and enjoy learning together.
Eagle! Make the eagle’s curved beak on your nose. Eagle!