Elephant in Sign Language
Learn how to sign elephant in ASL (American Sign Language) and see what you can learn about this jumbo-sized creature!
- With one hand, press the fingers together and cup them slightly.
- Bring that hand up to your nose and wave it down in an arc to about waist height.
- This sign looks just like a long elephant’s trunk. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign elephant in ASL
- Science in early childhood education often centers around learning about animals and elephants are so much fun to learn about. Watch some online videos of Elephants and observe how they eat, move, sleep and play. Model observational language for your child with sentences such as, “I see the elephant eating with its long trunk! Wow!” Sign elephant when you say it.
- Pretend you are an elephant! Act out what you’ve learned!
Elephant! Here’s his trunk! And that’s the sign for elephant.