F in Sign Language
Learn how to sign the letter F in ASL (American Sign Language).
1. With one hand, touch the tip of your pointer finger to the tip of your thumb, forming a circle.
2. At the same time, your pinky, middle finger, and pointer finger are held straight up, separated from one another.
3. Think of a flag (f for flag!) waving in the wind! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign the letter F in ASL
- Alphabet learning games delight children while offering a solid foundation for early literacy. Draw a giant bubble letter of F. Have your child fill it in with a collage of materials (cotton balls, stickers, glitter, foam shapes, etc.). Practice signing F while you create!
- Play a little word game and see who can name the most words that begin with the letter f.
This is how you sign F. These three fingers go up. F.