We are committed to providing resources for parents who value signing with their children. Our sign language dictionary includes over 400 common signs including the top starter sings for your baby. For each word, there is a video, diagram, and teaching notes to make learning new signs easy. Many of our signs include free downloadable ASL Flashcards to help reinforce the signs taught in our series.
F in Sign Language
Learn how to sign the letter F in ASL (American Sign Language).
1. With one hand, touch the tip of your pointer finger to the tip of your thumb, forming a circle.
2. At the same time, your pinky, middle finger, and pointer finger are held straight up, separated from one another.
3. Think of a flag (f for flag!) waving in the wind! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign the letter F in ASL
- Alphabet learning games delight children while offering a solid foundation for early literacy. Draw a giant bubble letter of F. Have your child fill it in with a collage of materials (cotton balls, stickers, glitter, foam shapes, etc.). Practice signing F while you create!
- Play a little word game and see who can name the most words that begin with the letter f.
This is how you sign F. These three fingers go up. F.