Glue in Sign Language
Learn how to sign glue in ASL (American Sign Language) – you’ll need it for all those craft projects!
- Glue is finger spelled – you’ll need to make the sign for each letter in the word.
- G: Extend pointer finger and thumb so they are parallel to one another.
- L: Extend your pointer finger and thumb to make an L-shape. Tuck the rest of your fingers into the palm.
- U:Extend your middle and pointer fingers straight up and press together.Fold the rest of your fingers into your palm, thumb resting on top of the middle finger and pinky.
- E: Fold pointer, middle, ring, and pinky fingers into your palm, lay yourthumb down and rest the other fingertip on top of it.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign glue in ASL
- This is a great sign for using in reading games for kids. When you read finger spelling the trick is to say the letter sound, not the letter itself! So practice signing glue and making each distinct sound (G-L-OO). Pair the written word with a picture to aide in your practice.
- Make colored glue! Add a little paint to glue and stir well. Create pictures with just the colored glue and see how it looks when it dries! Practice signing glue each time you switch to a new color.
Glue! Finger spell it. G, L, U, E. Glue.