Invite in Sign Language
Learn how to sign invite – who would you like to have come over and play?
1. Bring one hand out in front of you; forearm extended, palm up, and fingers slightly cupped.
2. Sweep the hand in towards your body.
3. This sign looks like you are welcoming someone you invited over to come through your door! It’s also the sign for welcome! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Activities for children that teach manners are very important! Practice asking friends to play by modeling this sentence, “I would like to invite you to come play!” Or, ask your child if they would like to have a playdate and whom would they like to invite! Help them practice asking nicely and let them have the conversation with the other parent. Use the sign too!
- Have a Signing Time party! Who will you invite and welcome into your home for some singing time, dancing time, laughing time, and playing time?
Invite! When you invite someone, you’re asking them to join you. To sign invite, welcome them in. You try. Invite.