Nice in Sign Language
Learn how to sign nice in ASL (American Sign Language) – who do you know who is nice?
- Bring one hand in front of you, palm up, fingers lightly pressed together.
- Take the second hand, palm down, fingers pressed lightly together, and slide it over the palm of the first hand.
- This sign glides one palm over the other -nice and smooth! Use this concept to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign nice in ASL
- Read a book together where the characters have some conflict. Discuss with your child when a character is being nice, and when they are not. Use the sign to help reinforce the concept.
- In preschool, learning to be nice is a key part of the day. Catch your child being nice and point it out, offering some praise and supporting with the sign.
Nice. Move one flat hand nicely over the other. Be nice! Nice.