Pig in Sign Language
Learn how to sign pig in ASL (American Sign Language). This favorite farm animal is fun to watch!
- Bring one hand up under your chin, resting the top of the hand right on the chin.
- Wave the fingertips down and up a few times.
- This sign looks like food dripping off of a messy pig’s chin. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign pig in ASL
- Pigs have some surprising attributes! They are very smart and actually quite clean. Read about pigs together and see what you can learn. Practice the sign as you go.
- Curriculum in early childhood education often focuses on learning about farm animals. Offer a variety of ways to explore farms and the animals found there through creative play, books, and field trips. Sign pig (and the other animals) when you see them!
Pig! Put your hand under your chin and wave it like food dripping off a pig’s chin. Pig!