Pillow in Sign Language
Learn how to sign pillow in ASL (American Sign Language). You can practice it at every bed and nap time!
- Bring one hand up and rest it on the side of your head, palm out and fingers slightly bent.
- Make the same slightly bent hand shape with the other hands and hold it several inches away from the first hand.
- Move the second hand towards and away from the first hand a few times.
- This sign looks just like you are holding on to a big pillow and fluffing it up for sleep. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign pillow in ASL
- Play a hiding game with your child’s pillow. Hide a favorite toy or stuffed animal under the pillow and have your child guess where the item is hidden. Give clues as needed. Once he finds it, sign pillow together.
- Activities for children that establish routine and teach good habits help the day go smoothly. Teach your child the steps to make the bed. First smooth the blanket and then fluff the pillow! Support with signs for blanket and pillow.
Pillow! Your hands fluff the pillow under your head. Pillow!