Rainbow in Sign Language
Learn how to sign rainbow – a beautiful sight after a storm!
1. This is a two-part sign. First you sign colors. Do this by placing the fingertips of one hand on your chin and alternate tapping them quickly up and down a few times.
2. Then you’ll show the rainbow. Take one hand and place it across your body, fingers out and palm down. Draw a big arc in the sky.
3. This sign indicates the colors of the rainbow and where you see one – arcing through the sky. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Art games for kids inspire creativity and you can teach some signs! Make a thumbprint rainbow! Gather paint in each of the colors of the rainbow. Press your thumb into one color at a time and place a row of prints on paper. Move to the next color and place a row of prints below the first, and so on until all the colors of the rainbow are done. Sign rainbow once you are done!
- There are lots of activities for children that teach about the colors of the rainbow! In addition to the one above, you can create rainbows with tissue paper and glue (tear the tissue paper up, crumple it, and stick it on), or even eat a rainbow of fruits and veggies and draw the food you’re enjoying! You’re only limited by your imagination! Just keep signing as you go!
Rainbow. First, you sign colors. Remember on your chin? And then draw the rainbow in the sky.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)