Red in Sign Language
Learn how to sign red – one of the many colors of the rainbow!
1. Take your pointer finger and place it just below your bottom lip.
2. Draw your finger down to the tip of your chin.
3. This sign looks like you are pointing out your red lips. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Have a red day! Wear red, eat red food, only color with red crayons… how many things can you come up with to use that are red? Practice the sign all day and have some fun!
- Create a sign language lesson all about colors. Get the book “Cat’s Colors. Each page is brightly illustrated with color and you can sign the color as you read together.
Red! Your finger slides from your lips down your chin. Red! Because your lips are red. Red.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)