We are committed to providing resources for parents who value signing with their children. Our sign language dictionary includes over 400 common signs including the top starter sings for your baby. For each word, there is a video, diagram, and teaching notes to make learning new signs easy. Many of our signs include free downloadable ASL Flashcards to help reinforce the signs taught in our series.
Refrigerator in Sign Language
Learn how to sign refrigerator. What delicious food is in your refrigerator?
1. This sign is comprised of finger spelling the first three letters of refrigerator.
2. R: Cross your middle and pointer fingers. Tuck the rest of the fingers into the palm.
3. E: Lay the thumb sideways in to the palm. Press the pointer, middle, pinky, and ring finger down and rest their fingertips on the side of the thumb.
4. F: Create a circle by touching the tip of your thumb and pointer together. Extend the rest of the fingers up and slightly apart.
5. This big word uses three little signs to complete! If you know your ABC’s you can sign refrigerator!
- Use this sign to help teach multi-step directions. For instance, you could say,“Go to the refrigerator. Find an apple. Sit down and eat.” You can sign refrigerator, apple, and eat to help enforce the steps.
- Signing for children is fun when they can work with everyday objects. Go on a hunt through your kitchen and sign all the words you know for food, place settings, etc. Don’t forget the refrigerator!
Refrigerator. Just sign R E F, the first three letters of refrigerator. R E F. Refrigerator.