Squirrel in Sign Language
Learn how to sign squirrel in ASL (American Sign Language). Do you have squirrels in your neighborhood?
- With both hands, bend the fingertips in towards the palm, but leave the knuckles sticking out quite a bit (your fingertips don’t quite make it into the palm this way).
- Holding the pointer and middle fingers just a bit higher, knock their knuckles together a couple of times.
- This sign is reminiscent of a squirrel using his big front teeth to crack open a nut. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign squirrel in ASL
- Learning for kids is all about asking questions. Why do squirrels love to eat nuts so much? And where do they store them when there is snow on the ground? What else are you wondering about squirrels? Learn about them together and sign squirrel as you explore.
- Pretend to be a squirrel in the fall. Go on a hike and search for acorns to collect. Sign squirrel as you explore and find!
Here’s the sign for squirrel! It’s like a squirrel’s little teeth munching a nut. Squirrel!