Story in Sign Language
Learn how to sign story in ASL (American Sign Language). What is your favorite story?
- Open both hands and face them towards each other.
- Brush the fingers of one hand over the fingers of the other hand as you draw the fingertips together. Alternate hands a few times.
- This sign is like you are weaving or creating a wonderful story! Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign story in ASL
- Tell an imaginary story together! Each participant takes turns adding a few lines to the story. If you’d like, one person can write down what is said so you have record of your amazing story! Sign story as you go.
- Reading games for kids can be based on a story they have just read. Enjoy a book together and then encourage your child to act out the story.
Story. Use your hands to tell a story. Try it. Story.