Stove in Sign Language
Learn how to sign stove. Look out! It can be hot!
1. This sign is finger spelled. Each letter is signed at about chest height with the palm facing out.
2. S: Make a fist and hold it up.
3. T: Make a fist and stick the thumb up between the middle and ring finger.
4. O: Touch all your fingertips together.
5. V: Extend the pointer and middle fingers out into a V-shape and tuck the rest of the fingers into the palm.
6. E: Lay the thumb down sideways into the palm and rest the remaining fingertips on top of it.
- You can cook on a stove or in a stove! Choose something to bake together. Let your child do as many of the steps as she can handle and then you take care of anything that require sharp knives or heat. Talk about what you will make on or in the stove as you work together.
- Easy preschool games and activities that also teach happen during free play. Provide a play stove and kitchen supplies and let children create and cook to their heart’s content. Encourage them to sign stove and any other
Stove. Just finger-spell it, S-T-O-V-E. Stove.